The opinion of Kirill Zverev, son of the famous virologist Vitaliy Vasilyevich Zverev, academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences fully and 100% coincided with the opinion of our company. We want to convey to you, in our opinion, how things really are with COVID-19 and what you can do to get back to normal as quickly as possible.
“It just so happened that I was at the peak of the COVID-19 information field. And every evening I get all the new and new information first hand. It was unexpected for me that dad, who had long proved everything to the world scientific community in terms of virology, would fit into mass education and the elimination of panic. And if so, I must help him.
Below are a few basic things you need to know, understand, accept and calm down:
1. VIRUS EXISTS. It is not clear where, when and from whom he appeared. POSSIBLE in China, but this is not accurate. There are many, but not more than many others. He is very contagious. It is transmitted by airborne droplets. And it is not man-made, as supporters of the conspiracy theory believe.
2. OVERCOME EVERYTHING. You simply have no chance of not doing this. Even if you brutally quarantined, taped yourself to the toilet with tape. You still get it sooner or later. The virus has come to a man FOREVER. It will become as regular a sore as the flu, adenovirus, parainfluenza, and much more that is called in our ARVI tradition. By the way, scientists (real, not “British”) calculated that in order to overcome the quarantine with the quarantine measures, ALL MANKIND should go to the most severe quarantine for 200 weeks, and that’s not accurate.
3. VIRUS IS NOT DANGEROUS. 80% of people tolerate it asymptomatically in general. Only 20% have some kind of symptomatology. A small number of them have severe symptoms. And a few units die. According to German data, only 0.5% (decreases all the time) of mortality from patients. Not infected, namely patients who contacted the clinic. And we must understand that not all of them die on a ventilator. Many do this from complicated heart attack, diabetes, many other chronicles, and even cancer. They all fall into the “mortality” statistics by COVID-19.
4. CHRONICLES DIE. Not old people, namely carriers of chronic diseases. Just more often it is the old people who have chronicles much more than the young. This is logical. A person with asthma is always more likely to die than a person without it. Always and from ANY disease. By the way, obesity is also a risk factor.
5. SELF-INSULATION AND QUARANTINE DIFFERENT THINGS. An infected person is subject to quarantine before recovery or a person at risk of infection. He signs the paper and MUST stay at home for two weeks. And they are seized and fined. The rest are free to walk and work, if you’re lucky when there is where. Self-isolation is voluntary.
6. SELF-INSULATION, perhaps useless. See point 2. In Western countries, it (in the form of quarantine) was introduced due to the fact that the local health systems cannot cope with the current influx of “lungs”. There, the task is to avoid a sharp influx of patients to very rare beds with respect to people / beds, doctors, medicines and fans. We have our own way and our own system. In this situation, she proved to be many times more effective due to the fact that she did not have time to “optimize”. And, if not for the confusion in the Ministry of Health, it is quite possible that no self-isolation would be needed. And by the way, many Western countries have already begun to remove quarantine. And some took a chance and did not enter at all, showing exactly the same statistics on infections and deaths as those who went into the country’s shutter.
7. THE MEANING OF SELF-INSULATION EXTEND THE TIME OF THE PEAK OF INCIDENCE, AND NOT REDUCE THE TOTAL NUMBER OF INFECTED. See points 2 and 6. You do not sit at home so as not to get sick, in this regard you are “doomed”. The bottom line – so that everyone does not rush into hospitals at the same time. But as practice shows, there are currently no serious scientific and statistical justifications for your sitting at home, as there are statistics on free beds, doctors, medications, devices. So point 6 – the question is open.
8. IT IS POSSIBLE YOU ALREADY HAVE ALREADY. Now there is a peak in incidence from “arrivals”. Nobody knows (but it feels like that) that this is the second (third?) Wave. But today’s tests can only show whether you are infected at the moment. The COVID-19 antibody test does not exist. Therefore, it is impossible to say whether you were already in contact with the infection or you just have to.
9. DOCTORS WORKING ON THIS TOPIC ARE NOT HEROES. Whatever they write on their instagrams, dudes hype on your fear. I have the right to write this – I studied at the same university. And I also worked as a laboratory assistant in IKB No. 1 where he put hepatitis C and B. Every day I went through the fifth floor, where they smoked HIV and came into contact with infected blood. And this is not a damn feat. Doctors just do their job. They do not deal with a particularly dangerous infection and have the necessary protective equipment. And if you really want to erect a monument to a medical professional, then it’s better to do it to the midwife of the maternity hospital of ICD No. 2, every day, digging in HIV-infected blood. For me, an example of the chief doctor of a communal apartment, who caught a virus, from which they hastened to make a hero of self-sacrifice, is indicative. He is not a hero, but an asshole. Moron and criminal. In the first lesson, in the first year of the medical institute (as I remember now – anatomy) we were very strictly explained to cut off our nails, shave sideburns and beards. This rule is always with us. And due to his ignorance and negligence, the head of state was put at risk of infection.
10. DO NOT WEAR MASKS, GLOVES. DO NOT DISINFECT HANDS. The mask works only “on exit” or, well, a very short period of time. If you get infected saliva with a virus on your mask – almost 100% you will inhale it. Masks are needed only by doctors with intensive change and infected so that the virus does not spit out from the infected lips. Disinfection solutions are generally krants! If a student at the medical institute had “mikra”, “infection”, “epidemic” or even “leather”, he would have blurted out about the obligatory wearing of gloves and the treatment of hands with alcohol during a pulmonary infection – he would go for a retake. I don’t understand why today’s grown students pose with gloves in stores and dishonor their medical education. The virus enters the body through contact with the mucosa, not the skin! The skin has a very powerful protective barrier, and that’s why it is needed. And with alcohol you kill him. In other words, dirty hands do not need to poke in your mouth and pick your nose. And, before doing this, hands must be washed. But this is known from infancy! When dirty hands come into contact with mucous membranes, a huge number of diseases are transferred – many truly deadly ones. And coronavirus is almost the most harmless of them. And wearing gloves, masks and washing your hands with alcohol, you only kill the normal microflora of the skin and itself, opening new gates on the skin for other diseases.
11. VACCINES IN THE NEAREST TIME WILL NOT BE. Do not count. This is possible only after 1.5-2 years and then in an ideal world. You “will not reach it.” It is much worse that, due to quarantine measures, we run the risk of not having a flu vaccine for next year. And the flu has a mortality several times (!) More than this new infection. There will be no specific medicine, if that.