Not a little effort is required to find new customers, but the same amount will be required to keep them later. A sustainable customer retention plan will provide a long-term perspective on business development. Below are some basic rules on how to retain customers.
1. Explore demand. You should know, not only what the client wants, but also his opinion about your work. If the customer has not used your services for a long time or has not bought goods in your store, find out for what reason. Arrange polls among clients who regularly use services to know their motivation. This can be done both through e-mail, and through individual communication.
2. Expand the range of goods or services. Feel free to offer the client goods and services that he does not need so far. If you already have a strong business relationship with a client, he is more likely to buy several commodity items or use several services in one already proven place. With an increase in income and popularity, expand the assortment, new customers may be interested in a large selection of goods and services.
3. Constant relationship is one of the fundamental conditions for retaining customers. In addition to increasing sales, follow your site’s subscriptions. Try to constantly add news on the site, update product receipts, offer special promotions, send email newsletters to customers. All this will create a reliable corridor for communication.
4. The simple interface of the site, the ease of use will leave more positive emotions for guests and customers. This is especially true for the basket itself. The easier it is for the customer to complete the operation, the faster he will complete the purchase from you. The process should be easy, not overloaded with information. Your task is to attract a client to your site, and the rest of the information you can find out later and gradually.
5. Do not forget about social networks. If you are active on social networks, try to constantly add information of interest to the client. Participate in discussions of problems and solutions that are closely related to your work. Interesting and useful content will add popularity to your brand.
6. Think about bonuses and promotions. The customer is always pleased if making a repeat purchase in the store, he will receive any bonus. Offer customers small discounts and offers, encourage him to turn him to you again. It can be either regular promotions or bonuses for a certain number of purchases.
We talked only about the main ways to retain customers and provide an increase in income subsequently. Start at least with this and you will notice how your online store begins to gradually gain popularity and fill with new visitors and customers.